Information about TADH / Freedom of Information Requests
The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) provides individuals with the right to:
- access their (non-health) personal information held by the hospital;
- access general records about the management and operation of TADH;
- correct their personal information.
This type of request is not for access to your personal health records. If you wish to access your medical record (personal health information), please see the Access to Information - Privacy & Access to your Medical Record information page.
The Privacy Office is also the place to go if you want information about TADH that isn’t available on our internet site, or to access your personal information.
What types of information does TADH make available?
You can find a lot of information about our organization’s management and operation elsewhere on this site where we post information such as annual reports and financial statements as well as other information. Click here to learn more.
I don’t see what I’m looking for on your website. How do I access other information about TADH?
Please submit your request in writing using the form below. Once completed, please send the Freedom of Information Access Request Form and mandatory application fee of $5 (cheque made payable to TADH to the Privacy & Freedom of Information Office at the address below.
- Freedom of Information Access Request Form - Coming Soon!
Privacy and Freedom of Information Office
Timmins and District Hospital
700 Ross Avenue East,
Timmins, ON P4N 8P2
Phone: (705) 267-2131 ext.6005
Fax: (705) 267-6319
How do I know what to ask for?
Make sure you state your request as clearly as possible. We have a list of the types of documents found in various offices throughout the organization listed by the office most responsible for them that might help you request information.
- Hospital Records Inventory - Coming Soon!
We also have a list of places or ‘banks’ in the organization (usually in electronic format) where your personal information may be stored. These are databases used by TADH to provide care, charge for services, etc. You have the right to request access to your personal information.
- Personal Information Banks - Coming Soon!
If you need assistance formulating your request, please contact the Privacy Officer.
Will I have to pay anything in addition to the application fee?
In addition to the $5 application fee, other fees may apply to recover costs as permitted by law.
- FIPPA access request fee schedule - Coming Soon!
Are there records that I am not permitted to see?
By law, TADH cannot provide access to some records as listed below:
- labour relations
- the appointments or privileges of health professionals
- regulated health professionals’ private practice records
- research and teaching records
- hospital foundation and charitable donation records
- records relating to the provision of abortion services
- personal health information (subject to the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA))
- quality of care information (prepared by or for a designated quality of care committee under Quality of Care Information Protection Act (QCIPA))
If you have further questions about how to access information held by TADH, please contact the Privacy Officer using the contact information provided above.