TADH publicly reports on several patient safety indicators and immediately reports Clostridium Difficile (C. difficile) outbreaks to their local public health units so that Medical Officers of Health have the information they need to monitor and respond to emergent outbreaks.
Please visit Health Quality Ontario (HQO) to view patient/family experience indicators and data for TADH.
Patient safety indicators to be reported publicly are:
- Central line infections
- Clostridium difficile (C. difficile)
- Hand hygiene compliance
- Hospital standardized mortality ratio (HSMR)
- Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Surgical safety checklist
- Surgical site infections (SSI)
- Vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE)
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP)