The role of the Health Records department is:
- To maintain accurate and complete medical records that can act as a means of communication amongst physicians and other health care professionals contributing to the care of a patient
- To ensure continuity of patient care and to furnish documentary evidence of the course of every patient's illness and treatment during each hospital visit;
- To establish and recognize best practices in the management of privacy, confidentiality and security of health information;
- To apply the technologies used to collect, access, store and transmit information in all its forms;
- To provide statistics which may aid in determining trends or problems and which may help to achieve better/optimal patient care;
- To serve as an information center for use in research and education.
Request Medical Records
A request for hospital medical records (personal health information) is made formally to TADH under the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA).
There are two ways to submit a request for medical records:
Submit in person: Download and print TADH's PHIPA request form, and deliver to the Health Records department with your payment. Please contact the Coordinator in advance at (705) 267-2131 ext. 6392 to set up an appointment.
Submit by postal mail: Download and print TADH's PHIPA request form and mail to TADH Health Records Department with your payment, at the following address: 700 Ross Avenue East, Timmins ON, P4N 8P2