I want to share how thrilled I am to be joining the team at the Timmins and District Hospital (TADH) as the new President and CEO. It is such an honour and privilege to be asked to lead this hospital, especially during such unprecedented times.
I have spent much of my career helping organizations improve performance and respond to change. In my recent role with Ontario Health/North East Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), I was directly responsible for the performance of all health system providers in the North East. Prior to joining the LHIN, I held the position of Vice President Corporate Services and Chief Financial Officer at North Bay Regional Health Centre.
I am passionate about ensuring our northern communities have access to the quality health care as close to home as possible. I am also passionate about improving the health status for our northern communities. I want our parents, children, friends and neighbours to experience the best possible health outcomes and for our next generation to be even healthier. In my past roles, success was achieved when everyone shared a common vision and worked together to achieve the desired goals. I look forward to working closely with our community, and the people in it, as we establish the priorities and directions for the TADH moving forward.
Open, transparent communication is one of the cornerstones of success. I want to ensure that our community has the opportunity to provide feedback, connect and keep people informed. With that in mind, I would like to introduce to you the President and CEO’s Feedback Form. I want to encourage you to use this form to connect with me to provide feedback and share your ideas. I look forward to hearing from you.
Providing exemplary patient care remains our top priority. At the TADH, you can expect the following enhanced precautions to be in place as we continue to :
- Screening – Anyone attending the TADH will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the hospital. We are kindly asking that anyone with a scheduled appointment, who is having symptoms of COVID-19, to please call ahead before coming in.
- Face Masks and Hand Hygiene – All patients, visitors and employees are required to wear masks while attending the hospital. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided to you. Hand sanitizer stations are located at each entrance.
- Physical Distancing – Our waiting rooms and lobby have been set up to allow for physical distancing while in the hospital. Patients may be asked to wait in their vehicle until their appointment time in order to ensure physical distancing.
- Visitation – Scheduled inpatient visitation has resumed at the TADH. Patients can identify up to two (2) designated visitors who will be scheduled for visitation. At this time we are not accepting visitors outside of scheduled appointments. All changes to designated visitors have to be made by the patient.
- Enhanced Cleaning – From the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic the TADH began to implement enhanced cleaning measures throughout the hospital. We ask that you please be patient as this enhanced cleaning can take additional time.
Vision: Exemplary Care to Northerners
Mission: Working together with our partners to improve the health of Northerners.
Read Previous Postings